Which Medical Expenses Are Not Covered Under Your Major-Medical Plan?
When life takes unexpected turns, there is no substitute for preparation. It is impossible to know when health issues might arise, but when they do, are you fully ready to handle the aftermath? With the National Prosperity Life and Health Insurance Company (NPLH®) worksite Shield One Group Fixed Indemnity Health Insurance plan coverage (Form Number NP FI CERT TX 817), employers can help their employees to can gain the certainty and peace of mind that many of their health needs that are not taken care of by their major-medical health insurance or Medicare plans will be covered no matter what happens.
If employees need to be hospitalized, there are usually out-of-pocket, medical expenses associated that are not covered under their primary health insurance plans either because of their plan’s cost-sharing arrangement or because certain services will simply not be covered by their major-medical policy. The Shield One can complement major-medical coverage by covering many of these out-of-pocket costs. If employees are ever hospitalized due to an accident or illness and meet the requirements to receive benefits, they will receive a fixed claim payment that can be used to help pay for any of their out-of-pocket, medical costs or services such as ambulances, hospitals, physicians and intensive care unit visits.
One of the main reasons that the Group Shield One is so valuable for employees is that in addition to providing coverage for unexpected hospital visits, it also offers access to 67 different 213(d) medical benefits that employees will be grateful to have because they might not be covered by their underlying, major-medical health insurance plan or Medicare. The NPLH® Shield One can serve as a safeguard to provide vital medical care so that employees can stay on top of their health on a monthly basis.
Secure More Comprehensive Employee Medical Coverage
NPLH® Shield One Group Fixed Indemnity Health Insurance provides access to employees who meet the requirements for monthly, cash benefits for the following services:
- Daily Hospital Confinement
- Daily Hospital Intensive Care Unit Indemnity Benefit
- Outpatient Physicians Office Indemnity Benefit
- Ambulance Indemnity Benefit
- Accidental Death / Dismemberment Benefit
- Monthly Health Management / Wellness Indemnity Benefit
NPLH® Shield One Fixed Indemnity Enhanced Employee Benefits
The NPLH® Shield One Group Fixed Indemnity Health Insurance also provides monthly access to those employees who meet the requirements for 67 different 213(d) medical benefits that may not be covered under their primary, major-medical health insurance plan or Medicare including:
- Dental And Orthodontia Treatment
- Eye Examination And Eye Glasses
- Hearing Aids
- Fertility Treatment
- Weight Loss Surgeries
- Herbal Supplements
- Podiatrist Services
- Prescribed Medicines And Drugs
- Vitamins and Nutritional Supplements
Shield One Employer Fixed Indemnity Health Insurance Plan Advantages
- Coverage for 67 different 213(d) medical services that might not be typically covered by major-medical health insurance or Medicare
- Guaranteed Issue
- Annually Renewable
- Encourages Healthy Behavior To Help Maintain Healthy Lifestyles
- Lowers Overall Health Care Costs
- Great Employee Retention Tool For Employers
- New Employees Do Not Have To Wait For Open Enrollment Sign Up